It’s the beginning of the summer and it’s time to hit the beach. If you feel that you want to get a bit of color before putting on your bathing suit, one of the easiest ways to do that is visiting a tanning salon.
When you search for tanning beds close to me, you will come up with a large selection of salons where you can get your golden glow. Before you pick a salon to visit for tanning, it’s important to know a few things.
- What Do Tanning Salons Near Me Offer?
- Visiting Tanning Places Near Me: What to Bring
- Tan Salons Near Me: The Cost
- Tips for Using Tanning Beds
- Choosing the Best Tanning Lotion
What Do Tanning Salons Near Me Offer?
All tanning salons are not created equally. Each place you come across may offer different services and packages. First thing’s first, when you find a salon, you will likely be faced with the option to use “lay down tanning beds” or “stand-up tanning beds“. Both offer effective results, so it comes down to your personal preference.
Using a stand-up tanning bed means:
- Shorter tanning time, as the maximum is 10 minutes.
- Better hygiene since you don’t need to worry about dirty beds.
- No feeling of being enclosed.
- Full-body tanning.
Using a lay down tanning bed means:[adinserter name=”Native Ads Horizontal”]
- Double the time for tanning, as a session usually lasts about 20 minutes.
- Comfortable position while tanning.
- You will need to flip over for a full-body tan.
- Need to disinfect bed before using it. Be prepared!
Whether you choose to use a stand-up or lay down bed, you will end up with results that suit your needs. Another important thing that you will need to learn about the tanning salons in your area is their hours of operation.
Tanning is very popular, especially during the summer months, and many salons offer tanning services all day and late until the night. Ask each salon you reach out to, so you can plan accordingly.
Visiting Tanning Places Near Me: What to Bring[adinserter name=”Native Ads Horizontal”]
If you are going tanning for the first time, or it has been a while since your last session, there are a few things you will want to remember to bring with you.
While many salons sell indoor tanning lotions, you may want to come prepared with one of your own. This will protect you from experiencing any unexpected skin irritation, as you can test your lotion beforehand.
Here are a few other things (1) you should consider bringing with you to a tanning session:
- Comfortable clothes to wear there and back. You will probably sweat while tanning and may use a bronzing lotion, so you want to make sure that the clothes you put on afterward are loose fitting. Think sweatpants, loungewear, or pajamas. Choose clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring a bathing suit to tan in. It may sound funny, but you will be able to get the fullest tan possible and you will be beach ready right away!
- You will be able to buy eye goggles at the tanning salon, and some may even offer them for free use. If you are worried about hygiene, you can invest in a pair to use for all your tanning sessions.
Tan Salons Near Me: The Cost
When you’re searching for the right tanning salon to visit, prices are one of the first things you should ask about. Each salon will likely have different price points and available packages.
Many salons offer memberships, which include many special rates and discounts throughout the year. So, if you’re a regular tanner, you may want to consider becoming a member at one of your favorite salons.
While you won’t know the exact prices until you ask specific salons, there are some standard estimates (http://mytanningtips.com/tanning-salon-prices) you can consider in advance:
- Airbrush Tanning: usually ranges from $25 to $150, depending on the number of coats and salon location. You will pay higher rates in major cities than you will in small towns.
- Spray Tan Booths: the average price tends to fall around $25, but you will find options ranging from $15 to $40 per session. Prices depend on the type of mist used and quality of the booth.
- Tanning Beds: prices increase with the quality of the tanning bed and salon. There are many places that offer tanning bed sessions at as low as $5. You will also find options around $15 for a deeper tan and $25 for high pressure tanning beds.
Tips for Using Tanning Beds
Tanning isn’t all about your time in the bed or booth. There are some practices (2) you can engage in to make sure that you get the most out of your tanning experience:
- Exfoliate thoroughly before going tanning. This will keep your skin clean and free of dead skin, so the tan goes on smoothly and evenly.
- Invest in high-quality tanning lotions for the best quality results.
- Never stay in the bed longer than recommended. This will lead to burning, which will hurt and ruin the quality of your tan while also damaging your skin in the long-run.
- Always wear eye protection when using a tanning bed. This is non-negotiable!
- Leave at least 48 hours between tanning sessions. Your skin needs time to recover. Once you reach your desired color, visit the salon once or twice a week for maintenance.
- Use a tan extender after your session to keep your color longer.
- Keep your wits about you and tan responsibly. Skin damage is a real and serious issue. Follow tanning guidelines to protect your health.
How to Use Tanning Beds[adinserter name=”Native Ads Horizontal”]
Choosing the Best Tanning Lotion
To make sure that you get the optimal experience from visiting a tanning salon, invest in a reliable tanning lotion.
Australian Gold DARK TANNING ACCELERATOR Lotion
This tanning lotion will leave you with the sun-kissed look you love. Australian Gold is a popular brand for all things having to do with the sun and tanning, and their Dark Tanning Accelerator is a bestseller. If you’ve used Australian Gold products before, then you will appreciate the classic fragrance.
Although this lotion is meant to help you tan, it also includes vitamins A and E to keep your skin healthy and pampered. You will be able to use this tanning lotion flexibly, as it works for both indoor and outdoor tanning. Using Australian Gold’s tanning accelerator with give you a natural tan look without added bronzer.[adinserter name=”Native Ads Horizontal”]
Just Nutritive Tanning Indoor Lotion
The Just Nutritive Indoor Tanning Lotion is another solid choice to invest in if you’re thinking about starting to visit tanning salons. This lotion will help you tan faster and maintain your color for a longer period of time. The formula includes skin nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, hazelnut and avocado oils, coffee and papaya.
This is another multipurpose option that works super well for tanning beds, but can also be used on a daily basis as a moisturizer for outdoor wear. Just Nutritive’s tanning lotion does not contain bronzer, so you will achieve a natural looking tan.
Ocean Potion Dark Tanning Intensifier Lotion
If you like to add a bit of bronzer to your tanning experience, try the Ocean Potion Dark Tanning Intensifier Lotion. This lotion is made in the USA and is free of parabens and gluten, and contains sea plants and antioxidants to provide your skin with a boost.
This tanning lotion is very reasonably priced, made with high-quality ingredients, and flexible for indoor and outdoor tanning use. There’s no need to worry about an orange tint and the lotion’s scent is light and pleasant.[adinserter name=”Native Ads Horizontal”]
There’s no more time to waste! Now that you know more about finding tanning salons in your area, start your search, prepare a bag with the things you will need, and get your golden glow!