Are you looking for a way to help improve your attention skills or sleep patterns? There are plenty of solutions out there that claim to help with this, like various types of medicine. However, there’s one unique and natural way you can help improve these areas: intranasal light therapy devices. These helpful products are put over or up your nose where they emit a deep red light which stimulates the brain to help with improving your attention and sleeping patterns. If this sounds like something that could help you, keep reading to learn more about them and some intranasal light therapy reviews.
Intranasal Light Therapy Device Buyer’s Guide
What is Intranasal Light Therapy?
Intranasal light therapy, also known as photobiomodulation intranasal light therapy, is when you use red beaming lights to increasing brain stimulation and blood flow. It can be applied either with a nose clamp which goes over the bridge of your nose or with nose diodes, which are put up your nostrils. These are attached to a device which you can use to activate the light and adjust pulsing settings depending on your needs. The pulsing motions of intranasal light therapy work to help increase and improve your body’s mitochondria.
Does Intranasal Light Therapy Work?
While it might look like a strange device, this type of therapy works very well. This is because it’s designed to help with stimulating brainwaves to help with things like increasing memory and improving attention skills.
There have been plenty of studies done to help see if this light therapy does in fact work. Participants in these studies have seen improvements and scientists have seen how the LED lights used in the light therapy can increase blood circulation significantly. In fact, this therapy was used to help exercise the brain of those who suffer from brain injuries and the results showed that it helped many of them with improving their memory (Can Light Therapy Help the Brain 1).
The Benefits of Intranasal Light Therapy
There are plenty of benefits that come with using intranasal light therapy devices.
They Can Help With Many Health Problems
Surprisingly, these compact devices can help with solving many health problems. They can work to stop snoring, decrease headache pain, stop the suffering allergies cause, and even help with congestion. It has even been shown to help with improving memory and your cognitive skills (Expected Outcomes From Intranasal Light Therapy 2).
It Can Improve Blood Circulation
These devices emit a red light at various frequencies. This red light helps to warm your blood which in return works to improve your blood circulation.
It’s a Natural Solution
One of the top reasons why sufferers of headaches and allergies should try this out is that it’s a natural solution. You won’t have to worry about having to take pills or other forms of medicine to help calm any painful and irritating symptoms down. With intranasal light therapy devices, you’ll be able to have the same relief that medicine can give, but in a natural way.
They’re Easy to Use
With these devices, all you need to do is place either the clamp over your nose or the diodes up your nostrils, turn the device on, set the pulsing amount you might like, and then sit back and rest. That’s all there is to it.
You Can Move Around With Them
Some light therapies require you to sit in one place and not move at all. However, this type is quite different. You can easily move around and do the things you need to do while wearing them. Better yet, they are compact so you can put the device’s housing into your pocket while moving around and still receive the therapy.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Intranasal Light Therapy Device
Before you invest in one of these devices there are a few things you need to consider. Below are the top things to keep in mind.[adinserter name=”Amazon_Native Ads”]
The Stimulation Amount
These devices each have their own stimulation amount and some might be too powerful for some users. Because of this, look to see how much the device will stimulate your brain to help prevent possible headaches and other similar problems.
While not necessarily the most important setting, a timer can be very helpful. You can use a built-in timer to set how long you prefer this device to run. This can help to prevent it from staying on too long in case you happen to fall asleep or forget to turn it off.
The LED Brightness
All of these products come with various LED light beam amounts. These amounts are intended to help stimulate brain activity and increase blood circulation. You’ll find levels from 600 to 850 that you can use. The higher the amount the more stimulation you’ll receive, so it’s important to consider how much you need.
How Many Times You Can Use It Per Day
Another important thing to consider is how often you can use it. As mentioned above, sometimes these devices can be very powerful and should only be used every so often. However, some can be used a few times a day. Depending on your preferences, you’ll want to keep this in mind to ensure you’re able to use your intranasal light therapy device whenever you need to.
The Top 3 Intranasal Light Therapy Devices Reviews
HailiCare Phototherapy Device
The HailiCare Phototherapy Device was designed as a non-drug way to help with headaches, snoring, congestion, sneezing, and allergies. It features a red light which lights up to 650 nm and has a PulseMode and LaserMode built into it you can use.
The PulseMode can be used by putting the device’s nose clamp over your nose to help with blood circulation and the LaserMode can be used with the diodes that you put up your nostrils to help with increasing oxygen to stimulate your brain.
- This is a very compact model so you can easily take it around with you wherever you want to use it.
- It’s easy to use. It’s designed with special easy-to-reach buttons on the front of it that will allow you to adjust the laser and pulse amount in addition to setting its timer.
- It comes with a laser tube and nose clamp. You can use these to either insert into your nose to help with brain stimulation or over your nose to encourage blood circulation and to give a massage.
- This product is affordable and very lightweight.
- It requires AAA batteries in order to work. This might make it a little difficult to use as you have to make sure to have extra batteries on hand in case it stops working.
- You need to use it often before you start to see results. So, if you want something quick, this might not be the right model for you.
Vielight Intranasal Light Therapy 810 Infrared
The Vielight 810 is a non-laser option and includes a built-in LED light that shines at 810 nm. This light amount is designed to help with increasing mitochondria. This device features a sleek white housing and comes with nose diodes you can use.
- It works very gently. This makes it ideal for those who don’t want an extra powerful stimulation.
- You’ll start to see results quickly. It only takes this device 25 minutes to start soothing pain, relieving headaches, or helping with sleep.
- It can help to improve your memory and sleep. This is due to the gentle stimulations emitted by this device which don’t overwhelm your brain, but rather encourage it to improve in these areas.
- It’s easy to use. All you need to do is insert the nose diodes into your nostrils, turn the device on, and let it get to work.
- This model is very expensive so you’ll have to be prepared to invest a bit in it. This cost is due to its design and quickness.
- It can cause sleepiness so you’ll have to be extra careful where you use it. So, it’s best to use right before you go to sleep or don’t have anything else planned during the day to do.
Get more information here:
Bionase Light Therapy Device
The Bionase Light Therapy Device features a 630 nm infra-red beam which can help with increasing blood circulation and relieving hay fever and other allergies. It’s made with a white housing and has a button on the top which you can use to activate the device. This model comes with nose diodes you can use.
- It’s safe to use so you won’t have to worry about it causing health problems or hurting you while you use it.
- This device is extremely easy to use. You can use its clamp to place over your nose or the nose diodes to insert into your nostrils. Once you decide which one you want to use, you can then turn it on and relax while the device gets to work stimulating your brain and helping to increase blood circulation.
- It’s compact so you can easily store it away to transport it around.
- It’s a natural solution to use. It can also be used alongside medicine without problems.
- This device requires 2 AA batteries in order to work.
- The nose inserts might be a little wide for some which could make wearing them a little uncomfortable.
- It doesn’t have a timer so you won’t be able to set a time for it to turn off.
All of the models listed above are designed to help relieve you of allergies, increase your memory, and improve your sleep. However, the one that clearly stands out from them all is the Vielight Intranasal Light Therapy 810 Infrared. While it’s a little more expensive, it’s gentle and works quickly.
This is due to its powerful light and well-made design which makes it ideal to use. It’s also a natural solution so you won’t have to worry about consuming a lot of medicine anymore to help with relieving the pain and symptoms of things like headaches and allergies. Because of this, it’s one of the top intranasal light therapy devices you should definitely consider using.