If you’re someone who likes to make sure that your nails are always neat and well-painted, then you know just how many options there are when it comes to manicures. It seems like there are always new methods and techniques popping onto the scene. It can be hard to keep up and know which methods are safe and provide you with attractive and durable manicures. One professional gel nail polish that has become popular lately is Daisy Nail Design (DND).
What is DND Nail Polish?
Just in case you’d never heard of them, Daisy Nail Design, better known as DND, has been in the nail business for more than ten years. So, why have they come into the spotlight lately, you ask? It’s because of one of the latest additions to their line, a two-step gel process that doesn’t use a base coat or bond.
You may be thinking to yourself that those two steps are common and always used in standard manicures. You’re right, but that’s what makes the DND process revolutionary and popular. Leaving out these two steps ends up saving you a lot of time and money. Not too bad, right?
DND calls this new process a Daisy Duo manicure. If it wasn’t enough to learn that you will save money and time with this manicure, what you say if you heard it would last for three weeks at a time? That means you could go on a full vacation and return, and still have a fresh manicure!
Benefits of Using DND Gel Polish
If you’re currently using a certain manicure process that you trust and rely on, trying the Daisy Duo process may not seem like a very attractive idea. However, the truth is, there are benefits you stand to gain from switching to DND.
Consider these benefits:
- You can do your own manicures at home and still get salon-quality results.
- You can also search for a salon that is stocked with DND nail polish for the manicure.
- There are many colors to choose from.
- The Daisy Duo gel does not leave your nails with a strange odor, like many other polishes.
- This polish doesn’t run or drip, so you are unlikely to ruin your manicure once it has set.
- The polish used for the Daisy Duo manicure is very easy to remove. All you will need to do is soak your nails in acetone for about 20 minutes and the gel will come off.
DND Gel Nail Polish: Application Process
There’s no need to worry if you’ve never given yourself a manicure at home before. The DND process is simple and straightforward, making it easy for anyone, even a total beginner, to follow with optimal results.
How to use DND gel polish at home
Here are the steps of this process:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your nails are completely clean.
- Once your nails are clean, take time to buff and shape them, as you prefer.
- The first thing you will apply is a thin layer of the gel color coat.
- After you have applied the first coat of color, you need to cure it. You can do this for 30 seconds under an LED lamp or for 2 minutes under ultraviolet light.
- You will then apply a second layer of gel color coat.
- And repeat the same curing process.
- The last layer you will apply is the top gel coat, which you will also set under your choice of lamp.
- Once you have set the last layer of the manicure, use a lint-free pad or wipe to remove any sticky residue that has remained on or around your nails.
Are you surprised that just these two liquids can produce a manicure that will last for three weeks? The trick is in the curing that you do with the LED lamp or ultraviolet light.
Did you try SNS nail? Get more information here: SNS Nails (Signature Nail Systems) Reviews: Gelous Color, Dipping Powder, SNS Nail Kits
DND Gel Color Options
If you’re thinking about trying a Daisy Duo manicure, you’re in luck as it’s very easy to find the DND gel polish wholesale or in single bottles. Here are some of your options for adding DND polish to your at-home manicure or salon kit:
1. DND Gel Base and Top
If you’re looking for a light look, try this white gel color polish. The set comes with everything you need to perform the Daisy Duo manicure, the gel color, and the top coat.
2. DND *Duo Gel* Spring Set 440 – Papaya Whip
This color combination is a great choice for a manicure right at the beginning of Spring. The color is charming but still muted enough for the transition from the cold to the warmer weather. This kit contains both the gel and polish you need for the manicure.
3. DND Gel & Matching Polish Set (488 Season Beige)
When the summer starts coming to an end and you feel the Fall air rolling in, you can use this beige color to do a durable manicure that will match with all your autumn outfits.
4. DND Gel & Matching Polish Set (502 – Soft Orange)
Summer is the season when you can get away with wearing the brightest and loudest colors without anyone thinking twice about it. This soft orange will make a great companion to your sun-kissed skin and Summer wardrobe.
5. DND *Duo Gel* Fall Set 453 – Plum Wine
Another great option for the Fall is this plum wine color. This will suit you best as the Fall is coming to an end and Winter is making its way in. The kit includes the gel and polish you need for the manicure.
Tips for the Best Quality Daisy Duo Manicure
Doing your own manicures at home doesn’t need to feel like something difficult. Even if it’s your first attempt, you will be able to get an impeccable Daisy Duo manicure by following these simple tips:
- Prepare in Advance: this is the key to doing any style of manicure at home. You want to make sure that before you begin, you have all of your manicure materials set up. This includes opening all of the liquid bottles.
- Prime Your Nails: before you apply any polish, make sure that you have buffed and shaped your nails to be just how you want them.
- Go Easy with the Polish: it’s better to apply light and thin layers and adjusts later than to apply heavy and thick layers, which are likely to be uneven.
- Not on Your Skin: if you can, avoid getting polish on your skin. It will save you time later trying to remove it without ruining your manicure.
These simple tips will help you perform a great manicure using DND polish!
It’s good to try new things every once in awhile. So, even if you have a manicure process that you loyally follow, give DND polish and the Daisy Duo manicure a try. You may just find that saving your time and money are enough to make you convert!